Information about the corona virus/COVID-19
The news situation regarding the spread of the disease caused by the corona virus is constantly changing worldwide. The Austrian Federal Government has taken measures to contain the COVID-19 virus spread and we would like to contribute to reducing its spread. It is not easy for us as an agency that promotes and encourages international exchange and networking to advocate social distance. However, our primary goal is our employees’ and customers’ health. Therefore we have defined extensive measures and had to cancel many events. Moreover, we recommend that you do not go abroad for the time being.
The OeAD staff have been instructed to avoid social contacts as far as possible and – where possible – to work from home. We would therefore ask you to contact us by e-mail if possible and only in very urgent cases to call us. You will find all contact details at https://oead.at/en/the-oead/contacts
For general questions about the corona virus in connection with the OeAD’ activities we have set up an e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Current information regarding the Erasmus+ Education programme is available here: https://bildung.erasmusplus.at.
We understand your worries and fears regarding the spread of the corona virus and we endeavour to continue to offer you the best possible support for your plans and projects. However, despite our best efforts, it may take longer to process your requests.
Other telephone numbers and links:
- 144 Emergency number for assistance in life-threatening emergencies
- 1450 If you suspect you have corona disease and have symptoms
- 01/4000-4001 if you belong to the risk group of elderly people or have a previous illness and need support (for people in Vienna)
- 0800 555 621 general questions about Corona, AGES (Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety) hotline
- Information and recommendations of the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF) for students, staff and researchers at higher education institutions
- Daily updated information on the worldwide developments regarding the disease is available on the Federal Ministry of Health’s website: https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus.html
- Up-to-date information on travel warnings, travel restrictions, etc. is available on the Federal Ministry of the Republic of Austria for European and International Affairs’ website: www.bmeia.gv.at/en.
- Detailed information about the disease COVID-19 (caused by the corona virus) is available on the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety (AGES)’s website.
- Facts and security regulations in 16 languages (Austrian Integration Fonds - ÖIF)
- A brief guide to what you need to know about the virus in Austria (radioFM)