University College of Teacher Education Burgenland
History and Vision. The University College of Teacher Education Burgenland was founded in 2007. Due to the history and cultural situation of Burgenland with its ethnic groups the PH Burgenland is committed to multilingualism not only in initial training but also in lifelonglearning. The University College is highly dedicated to empowering all of its students to act as successful and responsible teachers within the nurturing and diverse learning community it provides.
Continuous internal and external evaluation assures constant improvement in the quality of our service. The reflections of our alumni are testimony to the quality of relationships between faculty and students.
Faculties and programmes
Initial Teacher Education. Department for Training and Practical School Studies: Primary Education (BA, MA) | Secondary Education (BA, MA)
Continuous Teacher Education. Department for Personnel and School Development of Schools at Primary and Secondary Level | Department for Personnel and School Development of Vocational Schools | Department for Religious Pedagogical Training | Competence Centre for Applied Research and Development
The three top priorities in research and teaching arethe areas of:
- New Culture of Learning – the paradigm shift fromteaching to learning.
- E-Learning and Media Education – a variety of educational methods for individualised and diversified teaching and range of possibilities in the acquisition of knowledge
- Multilingualism and Intercultural Education – not only multilingual and intercultural but also interreligious opportunities of learning.
Additional teacher certification programmes.
- Course of studies for bilingual education in the languages of Hungarian and Croatian
- Course of studies for teachers of religious education
- Course of studies for prospective practice teachers
- Course of studies for school management
- Course of studies for councelling teachers
- Course of studies for global peace education
- Course of studies for leadership at pre-school level
- Course of studies for support of early language acquisition